Just a few hours ago we officially filled out the birth certificate: "Dylan Ashworth Robinson." Apparently the hospital encourages you to have a name selected before you leave (not to mention your wife). Katie thought of "Dylan" and "Ashworth" is Katie's Grandma Ellen's maiden name (Erik's mom). Both Erik Sr. and Erik Jr. also share "Ashworth" as a middle name.
We got him home safe and sound after spending about twenty minutes figuring out how to work the car seat. The hardest thing about the trip though was carrying all the beautiful flowers that friends brought us.
Here are a few facts about Dylan's birthday:
It was the date of Paul Revere's ride--so it's an especially good day for a birthday in Boston.
It was also the date that Lt. Colonel Doolitle led an air-raid on Tokyo during WWII.
And last but not least it is Zimbabwe's independence day.
View from the hospital.
We will post some more pictures and videos later this week but we need more comments to keep us motivated!! Thanks to those of you who have been--keep them coming--and for those that have not, please do!!
13 years ago
23 comments:
hooray for a name! glad to hear that everyone is doing well. so excited to meet Dylan - he is super cute in your videos and pictures. keep up the blogging!!!
Well K-C -- good work, and isn't it a miracle and a fantastic blessing from Heavenly Father!!
It's going to be hard to not call him Peanut anymore! Congrats on deciding on a name, we know it's been a difficult decision.
Welcome to the world Dylan! What a cute little bundle of joy! We can't wait to see him. Congratulations to the Bostonian Robinsons!
HOW FUN.. COMING HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL I SERIOUSLY HAD A HARD TIME CATCHING UP ON MY SLEEP SO I WAS SO SO TIRED!
HOW ARE YOU FEELING?..
Christian, you are doing a fantastic job will all the photos. Just remember, you can never send too many. We love the name! I am going to be sitting here refreshing the computer waiting for more updates. WE WANT MORE!
I love the name. Good job Kate on a name well chosen. I also have to say that I love reading Christians blogs. They are fun and quirky. I can't wait to get my hands on that little guy. He is such a doll.
congrats you two! love the name and all of the cute pics. he is adorable!
This morning I was in the shower and as I was lathering my hair with fabulous shampoo that smells like pumpkins...I had a thought come to my mind and "it" told me that Dylan is the name for Katie's baby. Hmm...I am so in tune arent' I?! Love it and love you guys!
Soooo good to be home! He is adorable...I love the blue stars. Such a miracle.
Congratulations!!! It is fun keeping up with friends and what is going on in their life. Enjoy your new little bundle of joy. They bring alot of happiness and joy. Motherhood is wonderful with challenges. Tell your parents hello for me.
Lynette Burns
Congrats you guys! I'm so excited for you. He is perfect! Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to see you guys (I've never met Katie!!). Brady left for Boston today and I was bummed I couldn't go with him and come see you guys.
-Megan
Love the name! So cute. Hopefully I can see him (and you guys!) next time I'm in the second greatest sports city. ;)
Congrats again!
Congratulations to you both, it's going to be so much fun and challenging!!! We can't wait for Dylan and Jake to meet!!!
Well I am feeling the pressure to leave a comment...But I am so happy with the name, I've been pulling for Dylan the whole time. Very Cute! Glad to see you guys are home and getting settled in!
He's so cute...Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him in person. Love the name too. Once i finally have them one it's going to be hard to find a name that isn't already taken. I'm so excited for you and Christian. Keep th epictures coming you can never have enough pictures! Lots of love and big hugs to you Dylan, and Christian!
Congratulations, Katie and Christian! I can't believe you are parents now! Dylan looks adorable. Good luck getting used to the little guy. You'll be great!
I love the name Dylan, I definitely voted for it for Andy and Sandra's baby. I love that you post facts Christian, haha. I can already tell you're a proud daddy. I can't wait for Katie to post a few thoughts on motherhood. I hope everything heals well and that baby Dylan knows how excited we are to have him in our world!
Love it! Dylan Ashworth is a great name. Guess we can't steal it now can we....
Keep the pics coming! We love you guys.
Chin, its been a few days. Time for some more updates. I will be anxiously awaiting...
Oh I love Dylan! He is to die for cute. He sure came out looking darling from the start:) Katie, hope you are doing good and loving being a momma. Christian, Good luck studying for finals. Scott knows how hard it is when you have an adorable little distraction. Congrats again!
HOLY COW THAT HOSPITAL IS NICE! AND DYLAN IS AN ADORABLE BABY!
please keep the comments coming...famous last words...Katie sat through 7 months of listening to me...I bet she misses my inane chatter.
Dylan is too cute! Right now is the hardest time. It doesn't get any easier but it doesn't get any harder than it is right now. Helen and I are both ecstatic that you all get to spend so much time together right now. You timed it perfectly. Well done.
Post a Comment