Friday, April 18, 2008

Introducing . . . Peanut!!!





Arriving at about 6:30 this morning, he weighed in at just over 8 lbs 2 oz. Still no official name but we are getting very close--still some last minute negotiations (mostly between Jane and Robyn). Fortunately, after so much waiting the labor went really well and didn't take too much effort. All the grandparents were crowding around the door outside waiting to hear him arrive . . . that is until they got scolded by a stereotypically authoritarian nurse and had to march back to the 25 square-foot waiting room / closet. But before they were forced to leave they got to hear him cry. Since then he has been really good and hasn't cried at all except for a few seconds during his bath (which I don't think anyone really blames him for). After Katie and Peanut got cleaned up the grandparents were allowed to come in and check things out. Peanut was very healthy and alert, making sucking noises, and looking all around him--probably for a meal. He did really great with the grandparents and let everybody hold him. After awhile the grandparents left and we all had breakfast and then I took him over for a bath and checkup with the pediatrician. Katie is doing really well and is feeling better. Right now she and Peanut are both enjoying a well-earned nap.

Here are some videos for everybody to enjoy.



20 comments:

McLove said...

He is beautiful!!!!! Congrats guys!!! I gave been waiting to see his cute face. I am thrilled to hear everything went smooth. You sure deserve that Katie:) Enjoy the first few hours they are so precious. Love you guys!!!

elise said...

Congrats! Such a precious little baby!

McLove said...

I love all that hair:)

Tina said...

Yeah!!! He is beautiful and so alert! Congratulations! Great job, Katie and Christian! Love to Peanut...

Erin said...

Congrats. I was showing Jaden the videos and kept saying "moor." He already loves his new cousin. He wants to see him. We love you guys! Have Katie call when she gets a chance.

Unknown said...

I love it! He is darling! Good job for being so prompt on posting for all of us to see! Love to everyone!

Rae said...

Congrats! Sooooo sweet and precious. Glad everything went so well.

Heather Lee said...

awww! What a handsome little baby boy! I can't wait to hear his name. I'm so glad everything went well. I hope you guys get some good sleep in the hospital while someone's there to take his vitals every few minutes. I woke up every minute to make sure Holland was still breathing.

Brady Life said...

Katie and Christian...what a marvelous peanut he is! So cute and very allert. Congratulations and let us know when you decide on a name! Love jules

Jake said...

congrats! he is super cute, and we can't wait to hear the name! little robinson boys are just so cute! :) i was hoping he would have been born yesterday so then we could share birthdays...but today is a great day too! congrats again, hope you are feeling well. have so much fun with him! :)

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

by the way, that last comment by "jake" was actually by me...cindy!

caseytanner said...

Congratulations Christian and Katie!

The McLane Blog Page: said...

Congrats!!! We're so excited for you guys!

The Watty's said...

Wow! It just seems like yesterday I was having Sigrid and your mom just announced you were on the way...now you are having your own "peanut". Best wishes to all three of you! He is darling. I'm so disappointed there are no pics of you two...don't the parents always look a little tired and bedraggled? (is that really a word?) Love you!

Steve and Rebecca said...

Hi, it's Rebecca Hope! My mom just sent an email with your blog link...congratulations to everyone!! Little peanut is adorable.

Erin said...

Katie & Christian, Jaden and Sue Sue are looking at the baby pictures. Jaden is smiling really big. He is still patting his tummy when I tell him that the picture of the baby is yours. I am so happy for the three of you and cant wait to see you in a few weeks.

Love Susie

Anonymous said...

Wow, he looks really nice. I think we'll order one of those for ourselves!

Brittany said...

YAY... HE IS HERE! CONGRATS, DOESN'T IT FEEL SO MUCH BETTER? I SERIOUSLY LOVED THE WHOLE BIRTHING EXPERIENCE... SO ENJOY BEING WAITED ON IN THE HOSPITAL, IT IS GREAT!

Jenna said...

Congrats! He is adorable!

Tara said...

Katie, He is so perfect! I am so excited for you on this next phase in life. You will wonder what you ever did without him! Love you